New Myrnam School is an ECS to Grade 12 school that has a strong academic program with small class sizes. We have 12 FTE teaching staff, approximately 12 FTE support staff and one part-time custodian. We also have many parent and community volunteers working with us each day to help us provide the rich programs and activities our students enjoy.
St. Paul Education Regional Division provides bussing services and most of our students are bussed in on four buses. Our school is located in a rural setting with agriculture being our main industry. Many people also work for oil and gas companies, the Windsor Salt plant, and the local Senior’s lodge. Myrnam’s attendance area includes the villages of Myrnam, Derwent, Beauvallon, and Morecambe. We have a strong and active School Council, which meets monthly to support activities at our school.
New Myrnam School offers a complete academic program providing students with the skills necessary to be successful with the many challenges of everyday life. We have a German/Mennonite program that offers German language and Mennonite culture instruction as an option for Mennonite students from grade 1 to grade 9. The staff is committed to fulfilling the educational needs of all students. This commitment is in cooperation with the parents and the various communities of New Myrnam School.
- 1-1 chromebook access for students in grades 4-12
- School wide Wireless access for Student Owned Devices
- Computer laboratory
- Science laboratory
- Home Economics laboratory
- Fully-equipped Industrial Arts laboratory
- Comprehensive Distance Education center
- Northern Lights Public Library and School Library
- Gymnasium (hardwood floor) accommodates two volleyball courts
- Wheelchair accessible and elevator
- Alberta Core ECS to Grade 12 Curriculum
- Special Education Program
- IPad access for all students in grades K-3
- Early Childhood Services Program
- AR Reading Program
- Early Literacy Program
- Striving For Excellence Program
- Student Counselling
- Career and Technology Services
- Safe and Caring Schools Program
- Daily breakfast program from K -12