Peer Support is a group that students from Grade 4-6 participate in, guided by our school's Success Coach and FSLW.
Peer Support is committed to creating and supporting a healthy, safe and welcoming school. Our goal is to support other students, and affect positive change inour school environment. We believe a positive change in our school environment equals a positive change in our community.
Using very broad "monthly themes", during our weekly meetings, we learn about a topic, and then think of and do activities related to that topic/theme, as well as how to teach/engage others (younger students/older students/adults) about what we have learned! We work together as a team throughout the school year.
What Does a Success Coach Do?
Within a school based setting, the Success Coach will:
* facilitate mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention through universal and targeted programming
* make external referrals as required
* work to reduce stigma of mental illness by raising awareness and reducing barriers to service
* coordinate integrated services with community partners
* participate in the Together We're Better project (local activities)
*participate in Mental Health Capacity Building Initiative (provincial acitivities)